Stiftung Universität Hildesheim
Bildung – Kultur – Diversität – Digitalisierung
The Experimental Psychology laboratory, in the Department of Psychology, at the Stiftung Universität Hildesheim, is offering a position (beginning on Febraury 1st, 2021 or later) as a:
Scientific researcher (m/w/d)
Bes.-Gr. TV-L E 13, 75%
The position is offered for three years.
The position is anchored in a DFG-funded project titled “Olfactory associative memory: How and when odors bind to events”. More information about the project can be found here: [https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/fb1/institute/psychologie/arbeitsgruppen/allgemeine-psychologie/aktuelles-news/]
• Coordination, organization, concrete planning and execution of the DFG-Project and the associated experiments
• Presentation of the research results at national and international conferences
• Writing scientific articles and texts
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Psychology, Cognitive (Neuro-) Science, Biology, Philosophy, or a related area
• Marked interest in questions relevant to the area of experimental psychology, especially as related to olfaction and cognition
• Fluent skills with the typical PC-programs (MS Office, SPSS and/or R)
• Programming experience and/or the willingness to learn how to use specific software programs relevant to data collection and analysis (e.g., E-Prime, PsychoPy, Open Sesame, Matlab, Presentation, etc.)
• Well organized, efficient, flexible, problem-oriented, reliable, structured methods of working
• Enthusiasm and desire for engagement, flexibility, and resilience
• Engagement, Flexibilität und Belastbarkeit
• Well developed skills for working alone and independently
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Good English language skills
The experimental psychology department has excellent data collection conditions. These include five reaction time cabins, a group testing room, an individual testing room, EEG, two olfactometers, instruments for the collection of finger movements, peripheral-physiological instruments, a gyroscope and further movement equipment. The lab is composed of an international team and is a part of the “Joint International Laboratory on Cognition and Behavior”, which is a joint lab project with colleagues from China, South Korea, and the USA.
As a family-friendly University, we offer a varied, interdisciplinary range of tasks, flexible working hours, regular training and further education opportunities, and a yearly bonus (as part of the TV-L system). A dynamic, committed, and open-minded team awaits you.
The Stiftung Universität Hildesheim has created a mission statement that attaches particular importance to gender and diversity competence.
The Stiftung Universität Hildesheim aims to achieve hiring parity between the sexes. Therefore, the university aims to increase the percentage of underrepresented sexes in the individual areas of the university.
Applications from applicants with severe disabilities will be given priority, all else being equal.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Ryan Hackländer per E-Mail: hacklaen[at]uni-hildesheim.de（[at]を@に変更してください。）.
Personal data will necessarily be gathered and saved for the purposes of the application process.
Please send your application through the post, with the header 2020/23 to the following address:
An den Präsidenten der Universität Hildesheim, Dezernat für Personal- und Rechtsangelegenheiten, Universitätsplatz 1, 31141 Hildesheim, Germany.
Additionally, please send your application as a single PDF document (<5 MB) to Dr. Ryan Hackländer per E-Mail (hacklaen[at]uni-hildesheim.de（[at]を@に変更してください。）) with the header 2020/23. The application deadline is January 4th, 2021.
If you request the return of your submitted documents, please include an addressed and pre-paid envelope as part of your application. The application documents will otherwise be disposed of following completion of the personnel process.
We ask for your understanding that confirmation of receipt and updates about the progress of the application process cannot be sent.
University of Hildesheim：PhD level position available
Stiftung Universität Hildesheim